Is this the best festival lineup of 2014? Check out the Primavera Sound press release for full details of the stellar lineup!
Primavera Sound has just revealed the full line up of its fourteenth edition, distributed from Monday 26th May to Sunday 1st June, through their film “Line-Up”, that has just been released in cinemas and on Internet, having already announced the presence of the Canadian band Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel’s stage comeback and Frank Black’s band, Pixies. The latter are now joined by an extensive list of artists who will play on the multiple stages of the Parc del Fòrum from 29th to 31st May. Among all of these newly confirmed names Trent Reznor’s band Nine Inch Nails, the American band The National, the mythical desert rock formation Queens of the Stone Age, Justin Vernon’s new project (with Bon Iver) Volcano Choir, the Californian rapper Kendrick Lamar and the legendary and influential Brazilian singer songwriter Caetano Veloso really stand out.
The first festival shows for newly reformed British band Slowdive, house from the British band Disclosure, Television from New York playing their greatest album “Marquee Moon”, math-pop from the powerful Foals, the presentation of the Scottish band Mogwai’s new album, electro pop from the highly successful Metronomy and Darkside, Nicolas Jaar’s new project, all join the line up of the Barcelona event.
A large number of the participants at this edition will be visiting Spain for the first time. This is the case for the hidden gem of feminine folk Linda Perhacs, The Julie Ruin (new band of Kathleen Hanna, former Bikini Kill member), the explosive cult band Chrome, the loud British band Loop and Body/Head, Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon’s new project.
Other cutting edge artists will come to Primavera Sound to present their most recent albums: From Australia Cut Copy and their dance pop, the funny and outrageous Black Lips, the British genius Blood Orange, regenerator of the most contemporary black music, the 90s rock veterans Superchunk, Drive-By Truckers and their classical rock and dance floor funk from the Duo Chromeo.
A multitude of musical styles will fill the stages of the Barcelona event: afrobeat by Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 and the New Yorkers Antibalas, cosmic jazz from Sun Ra Arkestra, post rock from The Canadians Godspeed You! Black Emperor, metal by Kvelertak and Deafheaven, noise from Wolf Eyes, the stunning electro pop of Helen Love, neo classical music by A Winged Victory For The Sullen and soul from Charles Bradley.
The national section is headed by Standstill who will perform their spectacle Cénit, the Granada band Grupo de Expertos Solynieve and the presentation of the Barcelona band Mishima’s new album, the consecration of El Petit De Cal Eril as one of the most robust groups in our country, the alliance between Sílvia Pérez Cruz and Raül Fernández Miró, the revelations of 2013 León Benavente and El Último Vecino, the Catalan singer songwriter Joana Serrat presenting her new album, the analogical-electro duo Svper and Oso Leone from Mallorca.
As for the electronic music programme, it will be headed by the world famous French DJ Laurent Garnier, who will be followed by a long and varied list of artists: the Germans Moderat (the#of Modeselektor and Apparat), the deep rhythms of SBTRKT, the revelation of electronic dance music Daniel Avery, Jamie xx from the UK (member of The xx), from Madrid comes Pional, Lasers from Barcelona with their impeccable live show, house by Julio Bashmore and the experimental sound of Demdike Stare and The Haxan Cloak.
Primavera a la Ciutat will flood the whole city of Barcelona with a series of complementary proposals in parallel with the main event. Among these the day of free concerts on Wednesday 28th May in the Parc del Fòrum stands out. On that day there will be concerts by Sky Ferreira, the Belgium revelation Stromae, the Argentinians Él Mató a un Policía Motorizado, the electro pop duo Holy Ghost!, the up and coming British band Temples and the Madrid band Fira Fem. During the week of the festival, clubs such as Apolo, BARTS and the Teatre Principal will host all types of performances amongst which Darren Hayman and the Trial Separation, Full Blast, Shellac, Angel Olsen, Juana Molina, Paus, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Har Mar Superstar and the showcases by the Catalan labels Bcore and La Castanya stand out. Els Vermuts del Primavera in Parc de la Ciutadella with concerts by bands such as Speedy Ortiz, Dum Dum Girls, Boogarins, The Mark Eitzel Ordeal and La Sera on the 31st May and 1st June, merit a special mention.
Heineken® will for the second year running be the main sponsor of Primavera Sound after the extremely positive experience of the last edition. The festival and the brewery join forces again to make this edition equally memorable.
Ray-Ban and adidas Originals, with their long history as official sponsors of the festival, will continue to back Primavera Sound this year. They will be joined by new sponsors including Martini and Lay’s while Movistar will once again be a technological partner.
TICKETS AND SALES POINTS
The price of the full festival ticket is 175 € until 7th February. From 8th February to the beginning of the festival it will cost 195 €.
The sales points are Ticketmaster, Atrapalo, Portal Primavera Sound, la botiga del Primavera Sound, Ticketscript, Fnac Francia, Seetickets, Paylogic and Vivaticket.
In order to help those interested in buying tickets there will once again be the option of paying in instalments. The price of this kind of full festival ticket is 180 € until 7th February. From February 7th the Price will be 200 €. Only to be bought through Primavera Sound Portal.
Primavera Sound 2014 VIP full festival ticket in Barcelona is on sale too at the price of 250 €.
Accreditations of PrimaveraPro Basic are also available at the price of 225€ and PrimaveraPro Premium at 300€.
The concerts on Wednesday 28th May in the Parc del Fòrum will be free.
CONFIRMED ARTISTS 28.01.2014
MONDAY 26th MAY
– Apolo: Darren Hayman & the Trial Separation, The Free Fall Band, Tigercats
TUESDAY 27th MAY
– Apolo: Antibalas, Chicha Libre
WEDNESDAY 28th MAY
– Parc del Fòrum: Él Mató a un Policía Motorizado, Fira Fem, Holy Ghost!, Sky Ferreira, Stromae, Temples
– Apolo: The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Har Mar Superstar, Holy Ghost! Djs, Niña Coyote eta Chico Tornado
– La  de Apolo: Showcase La Castanya: Aries, Beach Beach, Me and the Bees
– Teatre Principal: Jamie xx & friends
– El Teatro Latino: The Ex, Full Blast, Paus, Shellac
THURSDAY 29th MAY
– Parc del Fòrum: A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Andy Stott, Antibalas, Arcade Fire, Bo Ningen, Caveman, Charles Bradley, Chrome, CHVRCHES, Colin Stetson, Disclosure, El Petit de Cal Eril, El Último Vecino, The Ex, Föllakzoid, Fort Romeau, Gang of Youths, Glasser, Grupo de Expertos Solynieve, Jamie xx, John Wizards, Julian Cope, Julio Bashmore, Kosmos, Lasers, LNripley, Lunice, Majical Cloudz, Metronomy, Midlake, Moderat, Móveis Coloniais de Acaju, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pond, Queens of the Stone Age, The Range, Real Estate, Rodrigo Amarante, Shelby Grey, Shellac, Single Parents, St. Vincent, Standstill, Sun Ra Arkestra, Svper, Touché Amoré, Warpaint, William Dafoe, Wind Atlas
FRIDAY 30th MAY
– Parc del Fòrum: !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Angel Molina, Astro, Black Drawing Chalks, Body/Head, C+C=Maxigross, Darkside, Deafheaven, Demdike Stare, Dominick Fernow, Dr. John and the Nite Trippers, Drive-By Truckers, Factory Floor, Dj Fra, The Growlers, Haim, The Haxan Cloak, Jagwar Ma, Jenny Lewis, Jesu, Joana Serrat, John Grant, Julia Holter, The Julie Ruin, Kvelertak, The Last 3 Lines, Laurent Garnier, Lee Ranaldo and the Dust, León Benavente, Linda Perhacs, Loop, Mas Ysa, Mick Harvey performs Serge Gainsbourg, The National, Oso Leone, Pional, Pixies, Prurient, Refree, SBTRKT, Sharon Van Etten, Slint, Slowdive
SATURDAY 31st MAY
– Parc del Fòrum: Belako, Black Lips, Blood Orange, Boogarins, Caetano Veloso, Chromeo, Cloud Nothings, Dj Coco, Cold Cave, Connan Mockasin, Courtney Barnett, Cut Copy, Dani Baughman, Daniel Avery, The Dismemberment Plan, Dum Dum Girls, Earl Sweatshirt, Foals, Genius of Time, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hebronix, Helen Love, Hospitality, Islands, Jonathan Wilson, Junkfood, Jupiter Lion, Kendrick Lamar, Kronos Quartet, La Sera, Marc Piñol, The Mark Eitzel Ordeal, Mishima, Mistakes Are Ok b2b Mattis With, Mogwai, Nine Inch Nails, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Sílvia Pérez Cruz & Raül Fernández, Spoon, Superchunk, Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld, Television performing Marquee Moon, Ty Segall, Univers, Volcano Choir, Za!
– Els Vermuts del Primavera (Parc de la Ciutadella): Flamaradas, Renaldo & Clara, Speedy Ortiz, Súper Gegant, The Twilight Sad
SUNDAY 1st JUNE
– Apolo: Chromeo, Cloud Nothings, Dave P, Ty Segall, Vàlius
– La  de Apolo: Showcase BCore: Cuello, Fuckin’ Bollocks, No More Lies
– BARTS: Angel Olsen, Grouper, Joana Serrat, Juana Molina
– Els Vermuts del Primavera (Parc de la Ciutadella): Berlinist, Boogarins, Dum Dum Girls, Hospitality, La Sera, The Mark Eitzel Ordeal